Thursday, February 02, 2006

Dark beauty



You have to wonder what Mother Nature has against New Orleans. First, the hurricane and the flooding that followed, and now two tornadoes. If I was a resident, I'd definitely be rethinking my rebuilding strategy, but that's just me.

Anyway, not much new to report around here. I put in my application for a police officer position with the MSU PD, so we'll see how that goes. The only real obstacle that I foresee is the physical fitness test, which is no small thing. Thirty pushups in a minute, forty situps in a minute, a mile and a half run in under twelve and a half minutes, and then a flexibility test. I'm not feeling too optimistic about it right now, but I still have a few weeks to try to beat my body into shape. Even if I don't pass, it's not like getting back into shape is a bad thing. Wish me luck, and try to ignore the supreme irony of me working for "the man" after so many years working against him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Just wishing you the best of luck with you PD test. I look forward to hearing how you do.

Still alive in Oregon,

Jen

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home