Friday, July 22, 2005

It's been awhile

Great song. And a very appropriate title for this entry. I've been fairly lazy with this blog again, but in my defense, so have all my friends with their blogs. I admit that it's not a very good excuse, but it is one anyway.

I suppose I should get on with telling you all about what's been happening in my world. I have switched to working the day shift at work until December at least, which has made Sytil incredibly happy, and I have to admit that I am enjoying living like a normal person. I do miss being my own boss and getting to actually be a 911 dispatcher as opposed to a glorified paper pusher, but I took this opportunity to work on my marriage and to spend time with my wife. It definitely was the right decision to make.

Last week I went to a conference in Missoula, MT at the University of Montana campus on domestic violence. It was the most worthwhile class I've taken, at least as far as work is concerned. It was put on jointly by the National Sheriff's Association and the National Victim's Advocacy Office. There was so much valuable information, but it was also a great opportunity to pick the brains of the presenters and gain from their experience. Plus, it was nice to get away from the office for a couple of days. Two other women from the office came with me and we had a good time. Missoula's a pretty cool town and the campus is beautiful. Their football stadium butts up against the mountains and is an amazing facility. I wouldn't want to work for their police force (terrible equipment and leadership), but I could definitely imagine myself as a student there.

List of other things I have done lately:

Started working out (again)
Started the SlimFast diet Tuesday (4 pounds down already!)
Cleaned out my garage
Got rid of my old LaZBoy
Moved new LaZBoy into house
Played some golf (poorly for the most part)
Went swimming in a pond (almost nightly)
Made love to my wife (TMI, too damn bad, it's my blog!)
Hung out with one of my co-workers and the wives (almost nightly)

I'm sure there is more, but these are some of the highlights of the past week or so. Hope all is well with you and yours and I hope to hear from you guys soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait... you made love to your wife too? Well this is awkward....

I kid. :) Good to see you back to bloging, Big K. And thanks for sticking around mine. Always nice to know there is someone out there reading it.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where you at, Big K?!?! I want an update!
Hey Lil K- Maybe Big K would be so kind as to send you an e-mail containing the answer to your question of me. I bet he would. He's a really nice guy. :)

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home