Thursday, April 07, 2005

Starting at zero

And I thought that swimming was bad. And it is, at least when I run, I can't drown, though sometimes seems like a bad thing. I'm so damn out of shape its sickening. I really believe part of it yesterday was that the air was too cold and I wasn't used to it, but I was only able to run about four hundred yards before I thought my chest was going to cave in. Not a pleasant experience. It feels like I'm basically starting over after a back surgery, and I don't particularly like to think about such things.

I did see a great cartoon last night that I cut out and am putting on my box at work that says;

"I realize I'm fat, but like the fat in food, I like to think I enhance the response in taste receptors."

That doesn't really sum up my thoughts about it, since I'm trying to lose all of my extra weight, but it was kind of funny and sounds kind of like a mantra I might have had back in the day. Take care all and wish me luck on this whole "getting in shape" thing. Here' shoping that it doesn't kill me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! Hey, Katie! I did wonder who this "tard" was. Kev can give you my e, or he can give you the address to my blog, if you so desire. I just generally try to be sneaky on the comments page. But it would be awesome to hear from you!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And there is always the old t-shirt saying "I am in shape, round is a shape!". But seriously you are doing great. At least you don't have the bad habits like me and the Big Dumb Swed. Keep up the great work and maybe someday you can look like the picture I took of you at Shit-yard's '95 grad, all arms, legs and ears! It hangs here right above the computer to give me a laugh everytime I think I'm a dork. Lots of Loves and kisses- Chlo-bo

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home