Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Work never ends.....

but college does. An interesting quote, and I think I get the underlying message, even if I'm not able to fulfill it. There is nothing I'd like to do better than quit my job and just go to school for the next two years, Actually experience college, at least vaguely, though without the dorms, frat parties, "walk of shame", etc. Okay, so maybe it wouldn't really be the regular college experience, but it'd be much different than my current situation. Work all night, workout, go to class, sleep, repeat. Occasionally I even get to see my wife during the week. It would be nice to see her a bit more during the week.

I've been a little punk and haven't been to the gym again. I'll never be ready for the triathlon if I don't get serious. I'm starting a workout program outlined in my triathlon training book, so we'll see how it goes. It's an eight week program, but it has many levels so once I complete the first level, I just move up to the second, which is a six week program which would put me right at the time of the race. Today I'm supposed to swim for a half hour. Wish me luck and hopefully there'll be a lifeguard on duty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home