Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Decisions to make

I've some decisions that I need to make regarding the direction that my future will take. Before I make these decisions, I made a list of priorities and these hopefully will help me choose the right course of action.

1) my marriage (time spent with my wife, etc)
2) my health (time spent working out, losing weight, more sleep, etc)
3) my job
4) my education (time spent in class, homework, etc)

The reason that I need to make these decisions is that I'm at a point where something needs to change. I'm constantly tired (which comes as no surprise to anyone whose read this blog), I'm out of shape (again), I'm not spending much time with my wife, and I'm starting to really hate my job. The easiest change I could make is to stop going to classes. Then I'd be better able to spend time with my wife since I would get to bed earlier in the day and could be awake when she comes home. The problem with this solution is that it puts my degree back that much further. I could get a day job and quit working graveyards, but this solution has two drawbacks. First, I'd still be unable to take classes and I'd also be almost guaranteed to make less money, which wouldn't be good either. My wife thinks that I could find a job that would allow me to take classes and would pay me as well, but I have yet to see such a job, and if there was one, I wouldn't have the qualifications required. It looks like it would be in my best interest to stop taking classes until Sy is done with school and continue working at my job and making money. If any of you out there have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.

I knew that scale would get even with me. It said 246 this morning. Dirty lying bastard. At least, it could just keep its story straight instead of teasing me. Still, it is lower than it used to say, so I think I'm going in the right direction. I made it to the gym this morning again and managed to sneak in about fifteen minutes on the elliptical runner. I've also started keeping a log of my workouts and what I eat. I think that this will help because I really won't want to write down that I ate a whole bag of Cheetos or anything like that. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home