Thursday, March 17, 2005

Things I love

Some of my friends out in the blogosphere have been putting out lists of things that they love. Many of them have been beautiful and poetic and honest. I'm going to give this a try, but if I leave anything/one out, please forgive me.

Things I Love

My wife. Waking up and realizing I can go back to sleep. Snow. The smell of rain. First kisses. Honesty. Irony. Good self image days. Driving too fast. March Madness. Helping others. Working with power tools. That one thing that you do. Knowing I'm right. Camp fires. Friday night football back home. My family. Cold, cold Guinness. Compliments. The person I could be in my wife's eyes. Bacon cheeseburgers. Golfing. The mountains. Weddings. Laughing. Sports cars. The Sweet Pea Festival. Small town life. Mint chocolate chip ice cream. Lightning storms. Cleavage. Being held. My friends. Knowing it's okay to not have all the answers. Flirting. Cartoons. Being appreciated. Doing the right thing. Being at peace. Having money. Modern medicine. Long phone calls. Knowing that you know how much you mean to me. The idea of forever. Theological discussions. Coffee and chess at Theo's. Meeting new people. Being mysterious for no good reason. Victoria's Secret catalogs. Surprising people. Powerful music. The hip lift. Geeks in the Creek. Being there for my friends. The joy of sex. College. Cheesecake. Duck hunting. The Equinox Theater. Knowing it's okay to cry. Being loved. Making a difference.
Solitude. Midwest cooking. My father in law's shop. Clothes shopping with/for my wife. Projects that turn out. Living without fear. Learning something new everyday. All of you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just thought that this was sweet and touching, though I wonder about that first kiss comment. Hopefully you haven't been getting many of those of late.

Love

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home