Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Sick little monkey

Nothing really new to report in my world. I will be working security for the rodeo this weekend, but at least it's indoors. It's kind of cool, they fill the fieldhouse with dirt and it's such a mess. At least I don't have to clean it up. I've noticed that nobody's been posting comments on the blogs, so I hope that it's a case of no one having anything to say as opposed to no one reading. Just say hi or something so I know that you guys are out there.

I did get into the pool yesterday. It was awful. I've never been a very good swimmer and it's been a couple of years, so I shouldn't have been surprised how bad I was, but it was still disheartening. Unless I really get this swimming thing figured out, I'm going to drown in the first leg of the triathlon and I won't have to worry about the rest. I weighed myself at home and the scale said 237, which is good. I'm hoping to get in a half hour run/jog/walk this morning.

I've definitely found that writing down what I eat is helping me. Since I'd hate to read that I ate a bowl full of ice cream, or a medium pizza by myself, I've managed to really keep a handle on my eating habits. They haven't been perfect, but it's a start. I still need to get more fruit and vegetables in, but getting fast/junk food out is a good beginning.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this. But I see you everyday (if only for a minute) and I give you comments then.

Love

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?!? Big K not loving the swimming? C'mon, man! You can do it! Just remember those summers at the pool. Good times. :)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Big K said...

To the librarian, if anyone wants to read my blog, more power to them.
To the lovely MLF, the summers at the pool are fond memories. Those were good times. A little ironic that you were my first crush. Hopefully it's not all my fault. Ha, ha!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home