Wednesday, April 13, 2005

How do you make God laugh?

Make a plan.

Something to think about. I'm not a very religious person, at least as far as the stereotype is concerned, but I consider myself a spiritual person. I know it's cliche, but it's true. I do believe in God, just without a lot of the trappings that religion seems to add. And certainly without the political aspect of religion as it is seen here in the US. I enjoy the study of religion, and I really like comparative theology. Looking at how one religion has influenced another and also looking at how historically accurate religious texts are. Don't really know why I brought this up, but the joke amused me and got me off on a tangent.

I was so happy to hear from all of you recently. It's good to know that you are all doing well and are looking in on the blog from time to time. I really am having a good time with this and it is proving quite cathartic. I don't necessarily put everything in my blog that's going on in my world, but I at least attempt to keep you relatively up to date. For example, this weekend I'm driving to Murdo, SD to meet up with my brother who is helping me move my mom back to IL. She got a good job there and is happy about that and about being closer to her grandkids, but I know she'll miss the great weather and natural beauty of the mountains. She can always take vacations though.

Aside from that, I just keep working and going to school. I'm hoping to buy the pistol I've been saving up for in May, so that's exciting. I'm debating about getting my deer tag for this fall. Some of the guys from work are trying to convince me to go with them, but I don't quite know how I feel about it yet. I started hunting last year with ducks and it seems a big step to start hunting bigger animals. It would mean buying myself another new gun though, so there is an upside.

I haven't been to the gym, but I have been moving stuff out of my mom's place, so I'm going to count that. I've got an invitation to play golf this morning and I just might go. It's supposed to be nice this morning and then rain this afternoon so I'm hoping to sneak in nine holes. We'll have to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home