Friday, April 07, 2006

Wilderness First Aid

So, just to keep you all in the know about what's going on in my world, I am attending a Wilderness First Aid course this weekend. It's a sixteen hour course and I believe it will be a three year certification. I'm already CPR/AED certified and Basic First AID certified, but I think that this class will be a useful addition. Since I'm planning on doing a lot more camping and hiking this summer along with fly fishing and hunting this fall, I think this would be useful info to have. Plus it will look good on my resume.

BWM asked in a comments section on a previous post if I had managed to lose any weight. Well, my friend, the struggle continues without much to show for it, but I will carry on. My truest hope is to get down to around 200 even in time for my sisters wedding in August. I'd like to look nice for her on her special day. I know that no one will be looking at me, but I think it would be nice for her to not have her brother/usher carrying an extra first grader around his middle. I love you KT. We'll see you all real soon.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No offense to Katie, but I assure you that I will be looking at you even if it is her special day!

Love you,
Sy

8:11 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Which sis is getting married, and when is the big day?

I'm guessing most of your friends/family don't even know who I am or remember me. I am in my third week at the new job, and things are going well. It is a bit stressful, because it could entail quite a bit more responsibility than any position I have held in the past. Of course, that also means it could result in quite a bit more success than I have ever had (i.e. direct reports, more money, etc.).

Do you have any recent photos of yourself? When was the last time we saw each other? More than 10 years ago?

2:05 PM  
Blogger Big K said...

I do have some recent photos, and maybe if all of you are very (un)lucky I'll post some here on the blog. As for the wedding, it's the first weekend in August and it's the taller of my two sisters. It has probably been almost ten years since we've seen each other and it's funny that we still are able to keep in touch. I'm glad you're reading the blog.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first weekend in August? Hmmm. There is a very good chance that I will be coming through the QC either on my way to or from Northern Minnesota right around that time. How sweet would that be? I can't remember the last time I saw you, Big K. If there is any chance that I could this summer, I'd take it for sure. What do you think?

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody is invited!!!! I'm sure if I knew who BWM is, I'd remember. MLF is definitely welcome. Sy - it's okay, I don't have to be the center of the world that day! Kev - if you're fond of the first grader, bring him along too. The more the merrier! If, however, this is one of those pain in the ass first graders who runs rampant and shouts random insults, leave him behind!! I don't care, I just can't wait to see you!

Love,
Katie

10:46 AM  
Blogger Big K said...

I'm sure that more than one person wonders who BWM is. A little clue for those of you in the know, BWM, is really Big White Mike.

MLF, the wife and I plan on being in the Midwest area for at least a week or two surrounding the blessed nuptials. Get ahold of me and we'll try to figure out a meeting and maybe we'll sneak you into the wedding.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it! I told Phil I thought that was what it meant and he laughed at me. Something about calling friends the obvious! Anyway, Yes, I remember you, BWM. And come on over to the wedding. There will be plenty of room, food, and music for all!

Katie

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home