Sunday, June 24, 2007

Another .4 pound down

I had a great time this week and I still managed to keep losing weight. Life is good! The wife and I celebrated our eighth anniversary on Tuesday, and we spent it just relaxing and spending time together. We went down to the Quake Lake National Forest Area and had a picnic and hiked around. Then I got a chance to do a little fly fishing and we saw four mountain goats drinking just across the river from me. It was pretty cool and I even managed to catch a really nice rainbow trout.

On Wednesday, I took my buddy's step-daughters fishing at a local pond and we caught quite twenty fish between the three of us, so that was fun. On Thursday, I went fly fishing with a different buddy on the Gallatin, and managed to catch five trout, including a tiny brown trout. I managed to break one of my fly rods, so I was a little upset, but I did find a brand new inner tube stuck on a log in the river, so it almost offset the loss of the rod. We then went to the grand opening of the Sportsman's Warehouse. It's freaking amazing! I went back later in the day with the wife and met up with another couple. He and I were having a blast, but the wive's didn't seem as excited. Something about our paychecks being directly deposited to the store probably had something to do with it. I managed to get out of there with only a new fly fishing vest, but I've been needing one for awhile, so I didn't feel too bad. I'll definitely be spending more time there though, and certainly more money.

Past all of that, haven't been up to too much, but that's about all I could fit into my days off. I hope all of you are having a great summer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd just like to point out that meeting at a sporting goods store with friends is technically shopping. You got together with the boys to go shopping! And you drug the wives along!! I know Sy isn't a huge shopping fan anyway, so I can imagine her disdain when you took her to look at flies and nets and such!! Anyway, sounds like a good weekend. We've successfully gotten Natalie into the big girl bed in preparation for baby boy, so that's good. Other than that we've just been working on the monkey room! It is adorable! I'll send pics ASAP. By the way, daybed . . . ?

Katie

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Katie! That pretty much summed it up -- we got drug along, shopping! We eventually deserted the boys and ran down the road to Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Oh, and, on Tuesday, Kev forgot to mention that the first catch of the day was him hooking his fly into the back of his shirt so darn well that I couldn't hardly get it back out!

Sy

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home