Monday, October 06, 2008

Bummer

So duck hunting season opened on Saturday, and I went out with a buddy to the same place we went opening day last year. Last year we shot a ton of ducks and had a great time. This year we each only shot one duck and really didn't see that many more due to all the other hunters in the area. So we went out on Sunday and didn't even see any ducks we could shoot. Kind of disappointing, but that's hunting for you, nothing's a sure thing.

On Friday, I went up to scout out the area we were going to hunt and took my boat out for it's final test run before the hunting season. It still works perfectly and I saw some cool sights, like the biggest beaver I've ever seen, (huh, huh) It was a great time until the sun started to set. I was still quite a ways away from my truck and before I made it back, all the light was gone. Pretty scary and I don't mind admitting that I was a little spooked/freaked out before I finally made it back. Luckily, I did have a flashlight with me and I was able to take a heading from some lights on the mountain, but still, things got a little scary for a bit. Note to self, pay more attention to the amount of daylight before taking the boat out, even if it is on a pond/lake.

Anykerways, I hope all is well in your worlds and I hope to hear all about them when you get a chance. Also, I will be posting new boat pictures now that it's all tarted up.

K

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Hey man, are you on Facebook? If so, shoot me a friend request (too many people with your name for me to figure out if you are on there). If not, shoot me an e-mail.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home