Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happy Easter indeed

I hope that all of you had a good Easter. I went out Easter morning and did a little bit of fly fishing. I wasn't able to convince the fish to bite what I was throwing out there, but they were sure feeding on something. It was pretty cool just to see the trout surfacing, but I wish just one would have tried to eat the fly I had out there. I also saw a pair of sandhill cranes, a bunch on Canadian geese, some red-wing blackbirds and all kinds of ducks. It was fun and it was nice to just be out in nature. Sunday night it snowed and then for variety's sake it snowed all day Monday and a little bit Tuesday morning. It didn't really stick down here in the valley, but I know that mountains got quite a bit. This is actually a pretty good thing since the longer the mountains and rivers have moisture the further back the fire season is pushed. I think that MT is finally out of the six year drought we've been in and we're looking good for this summer. So, to clarify, if you were planning a trip to MT, this might be the summer to make it happen as we shouldn't be having the huge forest fires that we'd been having. Maybe we'll see you out here this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home