Saturday, September 16, 2006

Snow in September

Crazy, crazy MT weather. On Tuesday, I went fly fishing with a buddy and it was about 85 degrees. Beautiful sunny skies and the smoke had cleared off enough to see the mountains. Today it's snowing on the mountains and trying to snow down in the valleys. This is great news to the people fighting forest fires just east of the Gallatin Valley where I live and it's cool to look at, but it seems to be a little bit of overkill for snow this early in the year. There was a notice that just went out stating that the Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park is closed. This is the only road that goes through the park and gets to an elevation of over 6000 feet is the pass over the mountains.

Nothing much else going on, though I am going to a conference this week for evidence management in Missoula. It should be an interesting conference and I'm going with my assistant chief, so maybe I can convince her to get me that raise I've been angling for. We'll have to see. The only other thing I've been doing is working out like a mad man trying to whip myself into shape in time for the physical testing coming up in November. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

It's good to see updates more often. It doesn't actually take much work, but it's still tough to do.

I always enjoy hearing about the crazy weather you have there. Makes Iowa almost seem tropical...almost.

Good luck shooting for a raise!

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the fires are getting close to you there! I'm sure the snow helps that situation. Good luck on the working out, How's it going? Guess What! Justin is engaged and getting married next August. I will for sure be making a trip out for that!

Love you!
Katie

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Big K...how many pushups are you up to? You are so smart. Maybe you should try for a Gold Shield. Yes, Jana's mom is reading your blog...more interesting than her life. But web cams help. Yesterday I watched Old Faithful "shoot the Moon" via a web cam they have set up. I didn't realize Yellowstone Park is in Montana...cool. Every web cam I found in Montana was very cool. You moved to a very beautiful area. Too bad there aren't any oceans around. Then it would be almost perfect. Got to do something about the freezing cold. Sidebar...have you ever heard a group of moose calling to each other...not very bone-chilling, more ear-piercing. At least on the PBS show I watched. The picture of the moose on your blog was great. Time out...bye-bye...

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home