Friday, May 26, 2006

Snow

Just in case some of you were thinking that it's summer or something, we are currently under a winter storm warning for areas over 5500 feet. Up to 15 inches of snow is predicted above that elevation and the snow level is supposed to drop to 4000 feet early Sunday morning. Just an fyi, Bozeman is at about 4900 feet above sea level and I'm really not looking forward to snow on Memorial Day. It's been so beautiful here for the past couple of weeks, and while we need the snowpack in the mountains and the rain down here, it could have waited. Anyway, all of you have a safe and happy weekend and when you're getting all tan remember your friend in MT.

3 Comments:

Blogger david said...

WOOHOO! I wish that my elevation was higher here in Great Falls (~3300). Snow on Memorial Day weekend -- only in Montana!

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know, yesterday, in Moline, I drove past the bank sign and it read 101 degrees! Somewhere in between snow and 101 would be nice!

Love ya, Katie

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about 85 degrees with torrential rains? That's the scene outside my window. 3 days of that crap while sitting at a swampy 48 ft. "elevation", and I'd almost opt for the snow. (I said almost.) :)

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home