Saturday, April 22, 2006

God's a Montanan

Yesterday I went fly fishing with a buddy and we had a great time. It was such a beautiful day. Blue, clear skies, the mountains were covered with snow still but the valley was really green and the water was crystal clear. It was one of those days you're just thankful to be able to enjoy it and happy to not be trapped in an office. The day got even better when I caught the first fish of the day, and the first fish I've been able to pull out of the blue ribbon fly fishing waters that surround Bozeman. It was just a little (12 inch) rainbow trout, but it had amazing coloring and fought like a champ. My buddy caught the next fish, a beautiful brown trout, and then I finished the day with another little (10 inch) rainbow. It was great fun, but I got myself a horrendous sunburn on my neck, ears, and arms. The worst part was when we got back to my buddies truck, there was sunscreen in one of his gear bags. Oh well, lesson learned and we still had a blast. The craziest thing is they are predicting snow again tonight, at least in the mountains, but then it will be back to sunny and 60's by Monday. Montana in spring, there's no place I'd rather be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home