Thursday, May 18, 2006

Well, it's official....

I'm now the new Evidence Technician for the MSU Police. It's kind of cool and it will give me a little more responsibility at work. It also will look pretty good on my resume so that's never a bad thing. Don't get too excited, it's not like I'm a CSI or anything, but I will eventually go to an evidence collection school and become certifiable, or something. Anyway, it should be fun and it gives me some more to do during the quiet times. A lot of what I'll be doing initially is getting evidence ready for court and copying videotapes from various traffic stops for the county attorney but it's better than doing nothing.

For those of you wondering about my aspirations for becoming a police officer, well they still exist, but I feel that this is an opportunity to build my resume and to gain some more marketable skills for the day when I apply for an officer position. The working out is going all right, but I really need to step it up about fifty notches and really get serious about it. As for the bunkbed that I've been building, well, it's coming along nicely though it's not as grand as the one in my head. I'm now to the point where the little detail work is irritating the hell out of me. Most of the pieces need two coats of sanding sealer with a sanding between each coat and it's just time consuming, but in the end I think it will be worth it. I'll post some pictures when it's finished.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Work! I'm glad you have something interesting to do at work now! Glad to hear the bunk beds are coming along. Can't wait to see pictures!

Love you,
Katie

12:32 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Congrats! That sounds pretty cool. I can see it now "CSI: Montana." Sounds great!

Honestly, that is pretty cool, and will look good on the resume.

Erika and I went down to KC this past weekend for our second anniversary. Had some BBQ and had dinner at Ruth's Chris. Good time.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats, Big K! Good for you. Beefing up the resume is never a bad thing. For sure.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home