Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Welcome to this World

Welcome to the world little Natalie! My sister Katie just had her baby girl last night and I'm so very happy for her and her fiance. It's very exciting and I'm so proud of her. I love you Katie and congratulations.

Personally, I haven't been up to much, but I am about to embark on my most difficult of construction challenges. I have less than a month to complete a set of bunkbeds for some friend's girls. I'm very excited to do this for them as they are wonderful people, but I fear that what I build will not be as magnificent as the pictures in my head. I am planning on painting this amazing piece of furniture in chalkboard paint, so that the girls can decorate it as they see fit. I think it will be fun for them, but again, I worry that my building skills might not be as good as they will need to be. I will keep you updated on my progress and we'll just have to see how it turns out.

As far as weight loss goes, I've managed to drop a couple of pounds and am hoping to lose quite a few more. I got up to 250 again, but have managed to fight my way back down to 244 and falling. I'm still looking at 200 as my end goal and I think that it's attainable. Wish me luck and we'll see how it goes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Congrats to the new mom and dad, as well as to you, Uncle K! That is excellent news!

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the bunkbed project would go easier if I wouldn't keep telling him that "he's doing it wrong" But, as the physicist in this relationship, I feel that I have some idea of how forces work and such... together we will muddle through and I'm sure that it will be more wonderful than anything he could have imagined.

I love you. Sy

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Katie!!!!! And good luck!!! Shawn and Chloe

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home