Saturday, March 03, 2007

An epiphany!

I know that to many of you this will sound really stupid and you'll think I'm a moron for not completely knowing this earlier, but it is really hard to lose weight without a change in diet. I've been working out, and that's been going well, but I haven't really been seeing any loss in weight. I was reading an article on the 'net and it stated that without proper diet, fitness alone will not help a person to lose weight. Again, I know that many of you already knew this, and I at least knew this a little bit, but until yesterday, I never really made the link/decision that I really needed to take a hard look at what I eat as well as how often I work out. I've tried eating better and not working out and I've tried working out without watching what I eat, but now I just need to put it all together and hopefully see some real progress.

Not much else is happening in my world, though My friend's house I've been working on is looking like a showplace and his appraisal went better than he even hoped it would. We've still got a lot of work to do, but I fear that we're going to make it so nice that he won't want to sell it when we're done. I think this next week we're going to tear down the rest of the 70's era paneling in the basement and put up nice new walls and light fixtures. Then, all I'll need to do is wire up the shop and we'll be done, unless we decide to put in carpet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're alive and writing along with MLF, I was getting worried!

Please be careful with the whole wiring thing! Keep the dryer incident in the back of your mind while doing it, please!

Katie

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I'm not the only one to constantly remind him of the dryer! I'm sooo glad I am not alone.

He did a good bit of wiring yesterday and is still alive and uncharred today to tell the story. Though, I don't know as any of the wires were even connected to power at either end when he was playing with them.

Sy

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home