Saturday, December 02, 2006

I'm just going to pretend.......

that I've been updating this blog ritualistically and that this is merely a entry to catch those of you up that don't read everyday. So, life is good. Still madly in love with my love and am so very thankful for all of the wonderful people that I have in my life. I've been a little busy with this and that, but you all knew that already.

Hunting. I did go a few times to try and shoot an elk or deer. And let me tell you, there are a couple of deer that should be thanking their stars that I'm not very good at this hunting thing yet, because I had some great chances to shoot deer, but I talked myself out of the shot. As for elk, apparently that repellant that my wife put in my boots is incredibly effective, though the last time out, I did see a momma moose with her calf, so at least the day wasn't a complete waste. It's amazing how much unused animal tags taste like......failure.....when you make them into a soup. I haven't really been doing any duck hunting, but now that big game season is over, I might have to start going out again.

So my friend that I built the pirate ship for was thinking of putting a wood shop in his basement, so of course I volunteered to help and I've been having a blast doing it. You'll be happy to hear that I haven't even painted anything black, though everything that I've built in that shop will survive a nuclear blast, so at least it has that going for it. I think that in the next week or so I'll be doing all the electrical work, so wish me luck on that. After the shop is wired, I'll help him finish an office that we're renovating and I think I'll be finished. You never know though, I'm sure we could find something else to do with his house.

I'm looking forward to coming home for Christmas and hope to see all of you there. We'll be in town on the twentieth and we won't be leaving until the fourth of January, so I don't want to hear any excuses. We're flying into Cedar Rapids and we won't really have access to a car, so you'll have to come to us, but I think I'm worth it. Take care my friends, and try not to spend too much on my x-mas gift.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As fo this electrical work plan; I seem to remember a dryer incident that may encourage you to have someone a slight bit more qualified help you!

Can't wait to see you at Xmas, I am already working on the menu!

Love you!
Katie

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that KATIE!! I remind him of that incident constantly (to his dismay). He seems to have learned his lesson, though... I guess we shall see.

Sy

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home