Saturday, December 09, 2006

Holy cow!

Two posts in less than a week. We'll have to see if I can keep the momentum going. Let's see, well, I've finished the carpentry aspect of the woodshop I'm building and am about to start the electrician component so wish me luck. We're going to be mounting flourescent lights and also I'll be wiring a lot of new wall sockets so that we have plenty of power to the shop. I've also got to go down and take some digital photos so that I can show all of you what we've accomplished so far. I wish that I had taken some before pictures, but it's way beyond that now.

Not much else has been going on in my world. I've started thinking about what to pack for our trip home and am finishing up some x-mas shopping. I've also started to work out again, spurred on by the wager that my mom and I made. We're going to see who can lose more weight and more inches off of our middles before April 1. It's not really a fair contest, because my mom has so little weight to lose compared to me, but I think she's trying to help motivate me to get back in the gym. I've also received an invitation from a friend to come and lift weights with him twice a week in the mornings, so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to make some progress. Wish me luck and we'll see if I can't keep up better with the blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

If you want to make the contest with your mom a fair contest, you could base it on % lost.

Also, when you go down to take a few digital pictures, make sure you turn around the camera at least once and include a pic of yourself.

Good luck!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah, BWM. I'll do you one better and follow him downstairs, steal the camera, and take a pic of him proudly standing in the middle of this creation!

About that hole going back to the gym thing -- the bet is on but he hasn't really been to the gym. Hopefully, if he finds out I've been tattling on him, he will get his butt in gear.

Happy Holidays,
Sy

5:01 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Excellent!

I will be headed to the gym myself after work today. My workout will probably consist of 45 minutes on the treadmill watching Sportscenter. Not too shabby.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home