Saturday, March 31, 2007

I really needed to make......

one of my New Year's resolutions to update my blog more. I haven't really been up to anything too terrible exciting. I've been fly fishing a couple of times, bu now that the snowpack is melting, the rivers are blown out, so I'll have to wait 'til they clear up again. I managed to sneak in some golf before the weather got cold again, and played my best season beginning round ever.

I've also been being pretty good about the whole working out thing. I've managed to up my bench press weight by 40 pounds in the past six weeks and while I know that this won't continue forever, I'm pretty stoked to see how much longer I can continue this growth before I plateau. My ultimate goal is to be able to bench press my weight, but I'm hoping that as I get fitter, my weight will go down and I'll meet somewhere in the middle, probably around 200. Right now I'm maxing out at around 150-155, so I've got a ways to go, but it feels great to be getting back into shape. I've just got to be real careful about my back. The other day, I pushed myself too hard and I ended up straining my back pretty good and had a tough time walking once I cooled down. I'm pretty strong everywhere else, but I really need to be careful or you guys will have to wheel me to the gym.

My biggest roadblock to true weight loss and fitness is my insatiable love for fast food. I can give up dessert and even soda, but I love greasy food. The pairing of bacon, cheese, and burger should rank right up there with the theory of relativity as one of man's greatest inventions. I swear, I need to start going to a hypnotist or something to kill these cravings. I need rehab, I'm like a crack addict when it comes to fast food. While I doubt if I'll ever start giving out sexual favors for fries, we mustn't rule it out completely. Is there some sort of twelve step program to help with this kind of thing? A patch? Maybe I need some sort of intervention.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

or -- you can make the deal that you'll only go to fast food when you go with your wife!

And I have to disagree about the relative ranking of burger vs. relativity... but that's just me!

S

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home