Sunday, July 08, 2007

That ole train keeps a'rollin.....

Another 1.6 pounds down! I'm really worried that at some point I'm going to have a week where I don't lose, or even gain, weight and I lose my momentum. I know it's only a matter of time before a setback occurs, but still I worry about how I'll handle it. I'm getting so close to one of my goals, to lose twenty pounds, that I worry that after I achieve that, I'll lose sight of my longer term goals. Eventually I want to get down to 200 even, but I guess that I need to focus on smaller, short term goals while keeping that end in sight. I know that I can do it, but I guess I just need a little more faith in myself and in my support network.

I'm really lucky in that a couple that I know have just joined WW due to my success with the program and their own desire to lose weight. Maybe I'm feeling the pressure of being an inspiration and that I don't want to let them down. Luckily, I think the husband and I are going to start going to the gym together again and I really think that this will help both of us keep up with the program. We're both in about the same shape, so that helps and I think that between us, there's enough motivation to go around.

I had a nice 4th of July. Sy and I went hiking with some friends back to a beautiful lake in the Hyalite area south of town in the morning. We went over to a party in the afternoon at another couple's house and hung out and ate a lot. We set off fireworks after dark and then watched the city display. It was nice. I only managed to sneak in a couple of hours of fly fishing one day this past week and I got skunked, but it was nice to just be out on the river. Aside from that, life just keeps plugging along. Hope all is well with all of you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to throw in my support. You are doing great! WW works when you have decided you want it to.

Almost everyone hits at least one plateau, and it can last a while. When I went through WW, I think I had a plateau that lasted 2 or 3 months.

Mike

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home