Sunday, October 14, 2007

I want one!


So the Engineering Department here at MSU has built a race car to compete against other universities in a yearly contest at Fontana Speedway in California. This is actually the second car that the team has built, and they just received a big sponsorship from Kawasaki for three full motorcycles and three new engines. Now they'll have plenty of gear to keep building new and improved race cars. The reason that I bring this up, aside from the fact that it's cool and I want one, is that yesterday they were allowing the general public/sponsors come out and drive the car. As my department has been instrumental in getting them racing space (parking lots and parking cones) they invited anyone from the department to come down and try it out. I didn't have to be asked twice, so after work yesterday I took this little number out for a couple of laps. It was soooo cool. It was ridiculously fast and so very overpowered. It was honestly the fastest/most fun driving experience I've ever had. The funny thing is that I never really opened it up and went after the track like I would have liked to because I didn't want to hurt the car and because I wasn't sure of it's capabilities. Apparently, after watching the actual team race it, I could've have done just about anything I wanted without hurting the car, but it's not mine, so I didn't want to take any chances.
I've been out duck hunting a couple of more times, but I've only shot one duck. I've seen a ton of deer and even a cow moose a couple of times, so that's been cool and just being out there when the sun's coming up and everything is peaceful and quiet is pretty amazing. I'd take pictures, but they really don't show what I'm seeing. Anyway, I have to get back to whatever it is that I'm doing here, so take care.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, they'll let you drive this one every weekend they're out and if they're not, it means it's too damn cold and nasty. So, you really don't need your own. HONEST.

S

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That thing looks pretty sweet. Congrats on becoming an uncle another time over.

Mike

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home