Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Albert Lea

Just and FYI for those of you who were wondering how the trip was going and where we ended up. We left Bozeman around 6:30 in the morning and pretty much drove straight through until we got to Albert Lea MN. It's currently a little before midnight and we only have a few hours of driving left for tomorrow so that is nice. I'm seriously contemplating shooting my truck, but I haven't decided which reason I'm killing it for yet. It currently is doing a neat trick where it gets really close to overheating pretty much the entire time its in the sun or doing over 75 MPH. It's really upsetting since I know that the thermostat is good (replaced it last year) and the water pump is working (replaced it last spring). The part that is severely pissing me off is we added some fluids to it around mid-day thinking maybe it was a little low on coolant/fluids, but all that inspired the damn thing to do was leak fluid from a seam near the top of the radiator. I'm not really sure what's going on at this point and I'm way too tired to think about it now. It was really freaking hot all across the Midwest and with the truck running hot, we weren't able to use the AC at all. Super lame! Luckily, we only have a couple of hours of driving tomorrow, so we'll get a decent start on the day and get to Cedar Rapids before it gets too hot. Hope to hear from all of you soon and we'll try to see as many of you in the area as we can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home