Monday, October 01, 2007

Opening Day

So opening day for duck season was Saturday, and my buddy Sam and I were out there. I managed to trade with a coworker to get the day off. I crawled out of bed at 4am to get dressed and loaded up and went to Belgrade to pick up Sam and his two hunting dogs. We drove North to a beautiful lake and set up our decoys in the sloughs/ponds just below it and got ready to start the day. I should mention the fact that it was pouring rain and really windy and the projected high was only 42 degrees. Perfect duck hunting weather.

As it got to be shooting light, we had about a dozen teal land in our decoys, but the dogs were so excited to start the day they ran out to retrieve them before we'd even got a chance to shoot at them. Once we got the dogs back into the blind, the day started for real. There were ducks everywhere! It was amazing! Sam shot one cinnamon teal that literally bounced off the water and landed on my boots! I told him if he kept that up we wouldn't need the dogs anymore. All in all it was a great day. I ended up with 5 ducks and Sam had 5 ducks and a goose.

Past that, I really haven't been up to much. I'm holding steady with my weight, but I've kind of gotten away from the program a little. I really need to renew my commitment to WW, and get back on the wagon. Sy's dad is in town for the week and I'm looking forward to my days off so that I can spend time with them. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home