Saturday, November 03, 2007

Just a few words.....

For starters, to my friend M, I'm glad everything's all right in your world. I felt weird after I got off the phone with you and I think it's because of the stalker vibe I was giving off. I swear that was not my intent, I just was worried about you since you've been in communicado for so long. You're one of the last friends that I have from that era of my life and I'd hate to let that fall by the wayside.

In other, less creepy news, I've restarted my boat project. I was very close to having all the framing done when one of the stringers exploded while I was bending it. Apparently there's a very good reason the plans call for half inch wide stringers versus the almost one inch wide that I was using. While I'm not happy that this happened, it does give me a chance to start over with a better knowledge of how things will go together and some ideas on how to improve my construction. Luckily, the break happened now versus out on the water somewhere and I'm only out about 20 hours of work and $25 worth of lumber.

On the fitness front, I've been being a good boy and working out again. I've even had some successes. I've managed to get my run time down to a 10 minute mile. While I still need to get down to a 12 minute mile and a half, this is still the fastest/farthest I've run in a very long time. Like I say, small successes, but I hope that they will add up to greater success down the road. We'll see if anything changes weight wise when I go to my meeting tomorrow, but I'm hopeful that I can finally break this plateau I've been holding steady on. I hope all is well in your world's and maybe let me know what's going on in them sometime.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lad to hear things are going well. GOod work on the running and I am glad the boat is coming along. Also, I am happy to hear that M is alive and well, as I, too, have been wondering about her! Talk to you soon!

Love you!
Katie

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home