Sunday, March 16, 2008

Crazy Pickle Mustache Man

So, I did take off early on Monday and went fly fishing for a couple of hours. I had a good time, the weather was gorgeous, but I didn't catch anything. That's all right, but eventually I'd like to get back into catching fish, instead of just casting for a couple of hours. I've been tying flies in preparation for the summer months and am looking forward to when it stays light longer so that I can go after work for a couple of hours. Just for the record, I have a couple of extra rods and reels, and enough flies to outfit a small guide service, so feel free to come out and give it a try. This summer, I can practically guarantee that I'll put you into fish and you can get a temporary fishing license out here pretty cheap.

I went back and worked on the Habitat for Humanity site on Wednesday. We were laying the sheeting for the floor and I had a pretty good time. The only bad thing was that I fell really hard about twenty minutes after getting on the site. I was helping move sheeting from the trailer onto the foundation when I got tangled in some plastic and went down. I hurt the hell out of my knee, but was able to get up and work all day. I got home though and couldn't move my head because my neck and shoulders were so messed up. A hot shower didn't help and I couldn't get out of bed the next morning. I felt bad about it because I planned on working on the site the next day, but I couldn't move. My wife rubbed my neck and shoulders with IcyHot for the next two nights and I feel much better, with only some slight stiffness, but I was pretty bad for awhile.

Past that, I haven't been up to much. Just wasting my days at the job and spending time with the wife, which has been nice. I think that we really need to take a couple of days and just escape to somewhere, but I'm so short-handed at work I can't take any vacation time and she's so close to done with her PhD, she'll not go anywhere until it's finished. I really need to win the lottery. Anyway, I hope all is well in your worlds and I hope to hear from you soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dreampt that i was writing in my blog...weird.

*hugs*
jana

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kinda comforting to know I can go without internet access for a whole week and know that nothing here will change. You were doing so well on this blog sweety, we just wanna know you and Sy are ok. ox-chlo

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home