Saturday, March 08, 2008

Habitat for Humanity

On Wednesday and Thursday this past week, I got to work on a jobsite for Habitat for Humanity. They're currently building a duplex in Bozeman with plans for another two in the same block. While I was there, we installed almost all of the floor joists for both halves and started laying down the sheeting for the first floor. It was really a good time and I learned quite a bit from the guys working there. I'm planning on going back this coming week and for as long as they'll have me. I think it will be pretty cool to have a hand in giving a family a home, plus I'm sure that I'll keep picking up little tips about various aspects of the project and be able to carry it over to all of the building that I do. If any of you have a chance, give it a try, if only for a day. You might find that helping on a project like this can be really rewarding.

I haven't been up to much else. Still working out and trying to get the last of the weight off. I actually gained two pounds this past week to put me back on the wrong side of 240, but I expect to lose that and more back this week. We'll see, but until then take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home