Sunday, January 27, 2008

A series of nows

My friend M put it best when she recently described her blog as a series of nows. I agree with this idea and it makes it a whole lot easier to keep upp with posting if I keep in mind that I don't have to recap my past weeks or even days, but just post about what's currently going on in my head. On that note.....

Barack Obama won SC!!! I'm so jacked about that, I can't even begin to describe it. I truly despise Hillary Clinton and her quest for the presidency which seems predicated on saying whatever it takes to get ahead. It's not just that Obama won, but that he won by such a huge margin. Let's hope that Super Tuesday goes the same way and that Hillary drops out of the race.

What else? I got back in the saddle and started doing some woodworking the other day. I just built a new drawer for my boss's grandson, but it felt good to get back in there and I think it helped calm some of my nervousness about cutting myself again. The drawer turned out perfectly and I'm currently contracted to build a replacement drawer for my neighbor and I still have the x-mas presents to finish. We mustn't forget the big project, my boat, waiting in the wings to be finished. Plenty to do.

On the work-out/weight loss front, things have been going well. I upped my bench to 135, which isn't a lot, but is more than I've ever lifted as a working weight. I think I'd max out at around 175-180, but I haven't tried it in awhile. My runs are still coming around slowly, but I'm sticking with it and am hoping to see some gains in the next month or so. I'm hoping to get back to below 240 this week and will be jacked if that occurs, but if not, well, it 's a process. Take care my friends and I'll talk to you soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of M - I assume her blog has changed. You should send me the new info. Glad the woodworking is underway again. Happy to hear you didn't hurt yourself!

Love You,
Katie

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home