Saturday, December 22, 2007

Table saw, Emergency room, and Late X-mas Presents

What are three things that Kevin hates?

I'll let you think on that for a sec..... In case you haven't figured it out, I recently cut myself with my table saw while making x-mas presents for my friends. I still have all of my fingers, and they're even all the same length, with the assistance of stitches. I just cut my left index finger on the tip, but it took most of my fingernail off. It hurt like hell, the best way I could describe it is it felt like I lit my finger on fire and then pounded it with a hammer over and over and over again until I wanted to puke/pass out but couldn't do either. I don't really recommend trying it, mainly because I was lucky enough not to lose anything but some pride. Good times.

I'll be giving my friends a color copy of the blueprints of what I was building with a promise that they'll get their presents soon. I feel bad that they won't be getting their presents on X-mas, but I'm sure that they'll understand.

Needless to say, I haven't been working out but when I weighed in at WW this week, I hadn't gained any weight. I'll take it, but I'd like to get back on track and start losing weight again. I'd like to get down to 200 in time for my wife's graduation in May.

I hope that all of you have a great holiday season and that you avoid power tools until after you open your presents. I love you all and I miss you so very much.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i check your blog probably 3 times a day, kev. i love seeing new posts. it helps keep me grounded ;)

*hugs*
jana

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check on sundays mostly, sometimes trough the week. But, happy to hear you didn't lose anything, sorry I laugh at your pain (good descriptive alliteration there sweety). I will try to be better about commenting so you don't look crazy here. But look at the bright side, if you are just talking to yourself, hopefully you always agree.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Big K said...

Thank you so much for reading the blog, but who are you?

8:07 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

No, I'm not the previous anonymous poster (although you would love me to call you sweety back in the day). I'm pretty sure you know that I check your blog several times a week. It's in my favorites at work (so I will keep checking it until it gets blocked).

I'm sorry to hear about your trip to the ER. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Mike

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, anonymous no name was me. I brain lapsed and forgot to sign hon. Kids do that to you- Chlo

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why is there no mention of the beautiful wife who took you to the ER and then put your very drugged self to bed?

S

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home