Monday, March 10, 2008

Random thoughts

Few things in this world are probably better than the Rockridge bonfires of our youth. Hayrack rides, ridiculously large fires that probably could be seen from space, burnt on the outside, cold on the inside hotdogs, flaming marshmallows of death, hooded sweatshirts full of hay the next morning, knowing that everyone at the fire has known you since before you were you. God I miss that. October, 2006

I wrote this in response to a post on a good friend's blog. I was bored this weekend, so I started reading her blog from the beginning and found some amazing posts by her, absolute poetry. I also read all the comments and found this one. The thing is, I can still see all of this in my mind, still smell the smoke and see the people that helped raised and sustain me. I don't know why this jumped out at me like it did, but there it is anyway.

Other thoughts:

As much as my wife and I talk, I still wish she had a blog I could go to, to learn about her thoughts, dreams, etc. I just think when writing things down, you're better able to just live in that moment with complete honesty, not worrying about anybody/anything.

For that matter, I wish I did a better job of living in the moment when posting. Might make what I say mean more, without the filters.

Come to think of it, all of you need a blog, even if you never give out the address to anyone. If for no other reason than to pour your heart and mind out in front of you and see what's going on in there. (I suppose a journal would work just as well, I just type a lot faster than I write and am better able to keep up with my brain.)

Moo.

I'd like nothing better than to take the rest of the day off and fly fish. It's sunny and supposed to be 55 degrees here. The mountains are still covered in snow and it's just too pretty of a day to be working. (or at least stuck in the office)

I love all of you and I wish you were here so that we could spend the day together, enjoying the scenery and the opportunity to hook each other out on the river.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could write a blog. But, it would probably be filled with grumbles about my ****** experiment. I think you get enough of those at home.

S

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home