Saturday, April 19, 2008

Is it spring yet?

So we're expecting up to eight inches of snow in the next 36 hours and the high tomorrow is only 28 degrees. It's really irritating at this point, but it guarantees that the fire season should be pretty short, if we have one, and keeps the rivers nice and high so that the fishing will be great this year. I'm trying to stay positive about it, but I'm really wanting it to be green and not white outside.

So my wife flew down to Kansas State this week and interviewed for a post-doctoral position. We'll have to see how that went and if we're going to be Midwest bound. I know that some of you would like that, as we'd be closer to you, but you'll lose your ability to come to MT and get a guided tour of the mountains. It's kind of sad that we've been out here almost nine years and, aside from family, no one has made it out this way. We'd love to see all of you and would like to share our beautiful state with you, but our time is probably getting short, so get your reservations in soon.

I managed to get out fishing on Wednesday and while I didn't run into another moose, I did see an otter fishing and when he left the river he had a fish in his mouth. Pretty cool. I even caught about six or seven trout, which were my first for the year. It was fun and I'm pretty close to staying on track for my resolution to fish at least fifty days this year. Sy tells me that there are even trout streams near the campus in KS, so if we move, I wouldn't have to give up fly fishing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda went to visit you in Montana and is not family. I would like to come see you. Don't give up the ship...I still have a few months.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home