Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's the waiting....

that's driving me crazy. I know that we won't hear whether my wife got the job at K State for another couple of weeks, but I'm finding it hard to be patient. I really think it's just the idea of being here in limbo that drives me crazy. It's really hard to make any future plans when you don't know where you might be for that future.

I'm loving the myspace page I made, mostly because it's allowed me to connect with a few people that seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth. It's pretty cool to catch up with them and to see where life has taken them.

I had a good time on Thursday helping out with the Special Olympics. They had put out a call looking for law enforcement people to hand out ribbons and help with the events, so I got a chance to do that. I highly recommend doing it if you get the chance, if for no other reason, because it means so much to the athletes. The joy and pride that I saw on their faces is something beautiful to behold and I'm glad that I was there to witness it. I'm looking forward to doing it again in some capacity, but never as a competitor.

Past that, really haven't been up to a whole lot. Cleaned out my shop a bit and have been getting ready to work on a couple projects hanging over my head. Thinking that I should probably get back in the gym before I gain more weight back, but am still below 240, so doing okay. Take care and I'll catch you guys later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you think the waiting is bad for you!!!! I'm the one waiting to hear if I got the job or not...

S

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home